Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Lowfat Creamy Roquefort Dressing


Lowfat Creamy Roquefort Dressing was the perfect recipe to use for the Cobb Salad I made for dinner last night. I followed the Moosewood recipe for Lowfat Ranch Dressing and added a half a cup of Roquefort cheese. Simple, creamy, and tasty, if you like a pungent dressing! I'm not a big salad dressing fan, so I drizzled a small spoonful over the salads.

The Cobb Salad was completely vegetarian! I used Light Life's Smart Bacon in place of real bacon. It is salty and crunchy. The chicken you see here is actually Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders. These are fantastic chicken replacements. I don't cook with fake meat very often, but when I do, I love to use Gardein. The vegetables in the salad are crispy romaine lettuce, English cucumber, grape tomatoes, and avocado. I sliced up a hard boiled egg for mine as well.

Hope all of you wonderful creatures are having a safe and fun holiday! As always, thank you for reading as I power through this tremendous project!

2 comments:

  1. i think this is my favorite recipe yet, super simple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, cool! I am never buying salad dressing in the bottle again ... it's so easy to make it from scratch and it tastes divine too!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete