Sunday, November 20, 2011

Poor Person's Trifle


Fact: I had no idea what trifle was before making this dessert. Ergo, I had to look it up and found out that trifle is "a dessert made from custard, fruit, sponge cake, fruit juice, and cream." I am indeed a poor person, so this Poor Person's Trifle was a deliciously similar treat.

I'm pretty sure I've been using the same frozen hot dog bun bread through all of these bread puddings. But guys, it's really good! I promise! This variation has crushed pineapple, cherries, and in my case: brown sugar. I decided to use brown sugar because it reminds me of one of my favorite desserts from childhood: pineapple upside down cake!

I think I'll heat this up and try it with a little spoonful of coconut butter. YUM!

This is the last in the series of bread puddings from the New Moosewood Cookbook. All four of these variations are ridiculously simple: no more than ten minutes of prep time and the desserts bake in about 30 minutes. Crazy!

Here's the roundup of other Moosewood bread puddings:
Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding
Banana Bread Pudding
Bread and Chocolate Pudding

No comments:

Post a Comment