Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tomato Salsa


A long time ago, my friend Sarah Jurado wrote about making homemade pico de gallo. It sounded so romantic and foreign to me at the time ... "You mean you have to buy all of the ingredients separately? And then you chop them up!?" I guess I've come a long way since then. Now I can't imagine life without everything homemade!

So today I made Tomato Salsa. It's the third and final salsa from The New Moosewood Cookbook.  I started by gathering the necessary ingredients:


I did make an adjustment to this recipe ... there were no cumin seeds in sight so I substituted ground cumin instead.  It worked well.

The tomato was skinned and seeded. The segments reminded me of lips. Creepy.


Everything got chopped up and mixed together. At the last moment, I added a minced jalapeno to the salsa. Super spicy, just the way I like it!

See the other two components in this trifecta of salsa here:
Mango Salsa
Pineapple Salsa

1 comment: