Thursday, September 1, 2011

Bermuda Salad


Green beans! Red onions! Cheddar cheese! Bermuda Salad has a lot goin' on, flavor-wise. There aren't many ingredients and it is fairly easy to make. Just assemble, let it marinate, and then eat!

I started by gathering my ingredients on the counter. They looked very sweet together.


You'll need fresh green beans, red wine vinegar, olive oil, red onion, cheddar cheese, garlic, parsley, and a little salt and pepper to make this salad.

I steamed the green beans on the stove until they were juuuuust tender. While the green beans steamed, I made the marinade and softened the onion with some boiling water.


I used the same process of softening the onions last summer when I made Mango Salsa. You just hold the red onion slices, in a sieve over the sink, and pour boiling water on them.  They instantly soften!


Add the softened red onion and the parsley to the marinade!


Bring the steamed and cooled green beans and a little cheese to the party (props to Charlie for holding the grater in this photo).


Everything mingles and marinates for an hour. Or, if you are like me, a little less.  This salad was delicious!  Next time I will leave out cheese though, making it completely dairy free. I ate the leftovers today and it was super flavorful, the green beans just soak up more red wine vinegar and onion goodness with time.

I served this salad with a delicious Boca Spicy Chik'n Patty and Charlie's famously sinful mashed potatoes.


We had a non-alcoholic toast to the freedom of summer! Wahoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment