Sunday, January 9, 2011

Noodle Kugel


I knew, even before I started gathering ingredients for Noodle Kugel, that I probably wasn't going to like it. It's listed in the dinner section of the New Moosewood Cookbook, but the ingredients are sweet, more like dessert. Not wanting to skip any recipes in an attempt to cook everything in this book, I decided to try it anyways. It was sweet and strange.

I started by cooking egg noodles on the stove. In a blender, I combined an egg, cream cheese, sour cream, a little yogurt, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar. The noodles and the sauce got mixed together with a few slices of peach and a sprinkling of bread crumbs on top. I don't think I will make this again. It was an odd combination of ingredients and reminded me of something I'd have for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment