Friday, July 9, 2010

Montana's Mom's Dynamite Cheesecake


I made Montana's Mom's Dynamite Cheesecake today, but it won't be consumed until Sunday. This'll give the cake plenty of time to set and me plenty of time to enjoy the sunshine outside!

I made the cheesecake in a 10" spring form pan. The crust is a simple graham cracker and melted butter concoction. The filling is cream cheese, eggs, white sugar, vanilla, fresh lemon juice, and lemon rind. It was a little lumpy, which worries me, but the scent of lemon and vanilla was pretty spectacular.

After baking this, I let the cake cool and spread on the topping: sour cream, vanilla, and sugar. Mmm! It's like a yogurt cup for grownups. Bake the cheesecake a little longer, then wrapped it up. It's in the refrigerator now... my mom is having a party on Sunday and will serve it then. Guess we'll have to wait until Sunday to see what the consensus is!

No comments:

Post a Comment