Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cardamom Coffee Cake

Mmm, I do love a coffee cake! Cardamom Coffee Cake was dense and rich, spiced with cinnamon and cardamom. The original recipe called for 4 sticks of butter and 2 cups of brown sugar... yikes! I halved this recipe, filled two 9-inch cake pans, and the results were divine. I was worried that there would be trouble transferring the cake out of the pan, but the flip was executed beautifully.


Cardamom was a new spice for me; something I had never baked with before. It's quite aromatic and reminds me of ginger and roses. It definitely gave this cake a depth I had never experienced before. I can't wait to try some cardamom in drip coffee, per PCC's recommendation. Just sprinkle a little in with the grounds before you make drip coffee for an extra hint of spicy flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment