Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Spicy Tomato Soup and Asparagus Mushroom Crêpes

Tonight's dinner: Spicy Tomato Soup and Asparagus Mushroom Crêpes! The soup was amazingly easy to make and tasted divine. One important detail though: it wasn't spicy at all. I am a little confused as to why it is called "spicy" in the first place. There are no spices in the soup, just fragrant onion, garlic, fresh dill, and some black pepper. Mystifying! Next I made crêpes! I was very nervous about making these, even in my dreams I screwed them up. Obviously I had some anxiety about it! But it ended up being fairly fun to quickly pour, flip, and transfer the crêpes. The sauce for the crêpes is a mushroom based sauce with dry white wine and lots of freshly minced garlic. The garlic wasn't too overpowering and paired well with the Parmesan cheese on top of the crêpes.

No comments:

Post a Comment