Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Brown Butter Plum Cake

I made a cake for you.

I made it a long time ago and am finally taking time to write about it.

I ate all of it! It was delicious. Sorry for not saving you any.

(Not sorry.)

This is a cake I make all the time. It's definitely my go to summer cake.

Bob adores this cake. Any five year old that scarfs down brown butter is a real homie in my book.

Here's the stuff you need!
Browned butter, flour, sugar, plums, baking powder, cinnamon, and milk. So easy!
Put some plums in a nice pan. Don't be like me though! This is WAY too many plums!
Dry ingredients get mixed together.

Wet ingredients also get mixed together, but the photo of that turned out gross looking, so you'll just have to believe me.

Put it in the oven for baby and me!
Look at all that crumbly cake goodness! Mmm baby!

Brown Butter Plum Cake
Adapted with a heavy hand from The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond

1 stick salted butter, browned
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
3 medium ripe plums sliced into eight slices

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a nice square cake pan and arrange your plums in the bottom. Be sure not to overcrowd the pan. Doing so will result in a soupy cake!

In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk in the milk. Whisk in the melted butter. Add the batter to the prepared square pan.

Bake for 35 minutes, until slightly golden and bubbling. Remove pan when a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.

Serve slightly warm with vanilla ice cream. Store covered, at room temperature for two or three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment