Monday, April 25, 2011

Eggplant Scallopini Marsala


Life has been a little cuckoo bananas around here lately. I have been cooking like crazy, but just not documenting my adventures the way I should.  I am sorry, dear blog! I am currently settling into some new city digs and acquainting myself with a new kitchen.  I christened the sacred space the other day by making Eggplant Scallopini Marasala. The dish was full of veggies and so healthy!

I started by cooking onions with a bay leaf in a Dutch oven. Diced eggplant, bell pepper, salt, basil, and black pepper were added. I put the lid on the pot and let this cook down for about 15 minutes, until the eggplant was soft. Then I added marsala wine, diced tomatoes, and five cloves of fresh minced garlic! It was a lot of garlic but it added so much flavor.


I served the sauce over pasta and sprinkled it with parmesan cheese. The dish was so lovely. Just the thing to bless my new dwelling!

Oh, and one more thing: don't forget to take the bay leaf out before serving. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment