Saturday, March 26, 2011

Chocolate Meringues and Lemon Meringues


I made Lemon Meringues and right after they went into the oven, I made Chocolate Meringues. I have not had great success with egg whites in the past but I was up for the challenge.

The lemon meringues required a little stove time for lemon juice, powdered sugar, cornstarch and water to firm up. I think that mine got too firm, as it was difficult to stir into the egg whites.

The lemon meringues browned too quickly in the oven and I had to take them out early. The result was fairly chewy meringues. The lemon part did not mix in well, as I had expected, and there were globs of lemon throughout. Definitely not a successful recipe.





The chocolate meringues, on the other hand, went much better! The egg whites mixed perfectly with cocoa powder and powdered sugar. The meringues baked for the full two and a half hours and were crunchy and uniform when I tasted them.

No comments:

Post a Comment