Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Curried Squash & Mushroom Soup


Tonight I made Curried Squash & Mushroom Soup to have for dinner. I started the soup by roasting an acorn squash. I wish I had a photo... it is such a beautiful vegetable! After letting the squash cool, I pureed the soft flesh with some orange juice.  Then I made the spicy mushroom part: mushrooms (Organic! No antibiotics!) with onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, ginger, dry mustard, and cayenne.  Whoa, baby! That's a lot of good spices.

After combining the spicy mushrooms and pureed squash, the soup simmered for a bit. Then we ladled it into bowls and dolloped some plain yogurt and drizzled fresh lemon juice on top. The soup was interesting, to say the least. A little bit sweet with varying textures. Not totally sold on making this soup again. I love squash, but the flavors of this soup were a little outlandish.

No comments:

Post a Comment