Thursday, September 9, 2010

Iced Carob Brownies

Before you get all excited about these... these Iced Carob Brownies... you have to understand what carob is. It isn't chocolate. It doesn't taste like chocolate. To me, the taste is more like deep, rich, complicated molasses.


The only similarity between carob and chocolate are the dark, rich, color. While making these brownies, I was reminded of dark chocolate, because of how dark the batter became as I mixed it together.


After combining the batter ingredients, I added some currants and a dash of allspice, and the pan went into the oven.


After letting the pan cool, I spread frosting over the top. The frosting was carob, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. I thought the frosting was too tangy and didn't match the cake very well. I don't know that I would make this recipe again. While I find carob to be a palatable flavor, it's not something I crave. This cake was a bit dry and thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment