Saturday, April 17, 2010

Warm Salad

Warm Salad... the name of this recipe causes bile to collect in the top of my esophagus. It's the equivalent of browsing through recipes and seeing... I dunno... dehydrated fish or grilled oatmeal. Not exactly appetizing. But I gave it a shot. And you know what? This salad rocks.

First I combined escarole, red chard, Napa cabbage, and mustard greens in a gigantic pan. As the greens wilted and cooked down, I added more. I halved this recipe and it was still a lot of food! After these cooked down with a skosh of garlic and salt, I laid them out on a platter.


Next I cooked leeks, onion, mushrooms, celery, and cauliflower in the same pan. These cooked down for about 10 minutes. Then I added them to the platter and gently tossed everything together.
I then drizzled some balsamic vinegar, cracked black pepper, and sprinkled parmesan cheese over the whole thing. And low and behold, Warm Salad! It was quite tasty, reminding my dad and I of a new variety of stir fry. I served it with warm sourdough bread "to mop up the juices." Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment