Sunday, March 21, 2010

Refritos and Tostadas

I made Refritos (refried beans) with Tostadas for Carson and Michelle's First Spring BBQ!

I soaked pinto beans overnight and cooked them for about an hour until they were soft. Then I cooked onion, garlic, cumin, and salt together in a kettle. I added green pepper and black pepper and finally, the cooked beans. I used a potato masher to mix the refritos together.

The Tostadas were simple; store bought corn tortillas fried on Carson's griddle. Perhaps the best drawing in The New Moosewood Cookbook; Mollie's "How To Eat A Tostada" illustration:
There was freshly diced pico de gallo, homemade guacamole, carne asada right off the grill, and a gorgeous tower of spring colored Rice Krispie Treats:

All washed down with delicious vodka and champagne JELL-O shots. Spring is here!


P. S. Thank you to vegefoodie for the tostada illustration. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment