Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tabouli


Summer quarter has ended ... just as the rest of the world is gearing up to start school again! It's an odd feeling, and frankly, I am trying to ignore the little reminders that September is just around the corner.  I'd like to bask in my handful of weeks off, thankyouverymuch!

Last weekend I made Tabouli for a housewarming BBQ. I don't have much experience with tabouli ... I only tasted it a few times and remember it as being quickly garlicky and green. This version was no exception.

I prepared the bulgur in advance, giving it time to soak in the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.


After the bulgur soaked overnight, I pulsed mint, parsley, and green onion in the food processor.  It was so much easier than mincing it by hand. I am grateful for this tip from the book!


I then added bell pepper, cucumber, and freshly diced tomato to the bowl with the soaked bulgur and minced greens.  The colors were so beautiful!


Everything got mixed up and transferred to a pretty bowl. I have to admit, I only took a small bite of this tabouli once we got to the party.  It got eaten up right away!  One partygoer mentioned that it tasted more like a dip than a salad, and that it was really strong.  Oops!  Next time I will follow the directions more carefully and serve it with pita chips, as the recipe suggests.

No comments:

Post a Comment