Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sauce Puttanesca and Pasta Mediterranee


Today we made a quick and simple pasta sauce for lunch in its two variations: Sauce Puttanesca and Pasta Mediterranee. Both were so delicious and came together very fast!

Charlie minced garlic like a pro.

Diced tomatoes, tomato paste, a few sliced kalamata olives, and the minced garlic went into a pot.

Everything simmered for a while then I added some red chili pepper flakes and cracked black pepper. In this moment I realized there was no salt or onion in this dish.  A rarity!

Here's our pasta, all steamy and ready to get sauced.

I topped mine with feta cheese to make pasta mediterranee.  Charlie topped his with parmesan to make sauce putanesca.  And there you have it folks, two delicious afternoon pasta dishes!

4 comments:

  1. ooo i love those noodles! i've never tried them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The noodles were super groovy! Charlie got them in a giant six or ten or twenty pack from Costco but I am not sure what they are called. I am not at home right now but I will check for you later!

    Also, thank you so much for the birthday postcard, Ainsley! You are so sweet. I just moved, so my parents brought it to me. Expect a reply sometime soon. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. of course, i'm glad that you got it! i was going to ask, but i didn't want to ruin the surprise!

    i remembered your bday from my pen pal survey that you did so very long ago... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pasta is called radiatori!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiatori

    ReplyDelete