Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Marinated Small Artichokes

Marinated Small Artichokes were very easy to make. I am tempted to never buy the kind that come in a jar again! I couldn't find any small artichokes like the recipe called for, so instead I used artichoke hearts that were packed in water.


Everything goes on the stove and simmers down for about an hour: artichokes, water, the juice of one lemon, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, whole peppercorns, and whole cloves of garlic.


I tried some of the marinated artichokes on a cracker and it was quite good! Next time I might use a little less red wine vinegar. The artichokes will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks. I am excited to top some angel hair pasta with a saute of these artichokes, black olives, and feta. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. yum indeed! i'm obviously going to have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful with the whole peppercorns; I am having to pick them out individually. Next time I might just grind some pepper in.

    Can't wait to hear your thoughts after you make this! :)

    ReplyDelete