Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Zucchini-Feta Pancakes

As an accompaniment to the soup tonight, I made Zucchini-Feta Pancakes. I was introduced to zucchini fritters by a fellow vegetarian girlfriend in high school, and ever since then, I've been hooked. Unfortunately the ones we ate as teenagers weren't very healthy; the batter had many eggs in it and they were fried in a half an inch of oil. The worst part was that we dipped them in ranch dressing... not exactly healthy! This Moosewood recipes was much lighter.

Zucchini was grated in the food processor, which is always a quick and gratifying process. Egg yolks, green onion, flour and feta were added. Sometimes feta smells like vomit to me. I love the way it calms down once it's been warmed up. So much tastier! For those of you that can handle it raw in Greek salads, I commend your bravery! But I digress... I folded whipped egg whites into the batter for a light and fluffy green speckled concoction. Then to the stove!

I am happy to report that these pancakes were fried in a simple drizzle of oil. I kept them warm in the oven and ate them with just a skosh of salt and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment