Sunday, November 28, 2010

Maple-Walnut Pie

Maple-Walnut Pie was one of two pies we served on Thanksgiving. This pie was very similar to pecan pie in both appearance and composition. Instead of whole pecans, I filled the pie crust with chopped walnut pieces. I used an electric mixer to combine eggs, pure maple syrup, fresh lemon juice, cinnamon, vanilla, and a dash of salt. After pouring this mixture on top of the walnuts, I baked the pie in the oven until the center was firm.

I gave this pie a chance, even though I do not rate walnuts high on my nut list. It was OK. A little bitter (because of the walnuts) and a little too sacchariny sweet (because of the maple syrup). I do not think I will make this pie again, although it was a nice addition to our holiday meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment