Friday, June 11, 2010

Apple Crisp

What is the most fulfilling aspect of creating in the kitchen? I asked myself this after I made Apple Crisp this week.

For me, it wasn't the eight Granny Smith apples I painstakingly peeled, sliced, and doused in lemon juice.
It wasn't the crumbly topping, doctored up with brown sugar, melted butter and rolled oats.

It wasn't even the first bite of apple crisp, still warm from the pan, cozied up with a melting pool of vanilla bean ice cream.


By far, the most fulfilling aspect of my time in the kitchen is the gratitude I feel from my friends and family when they enjoy something I've made. Nothing makes me happier. I found this note on the saran wrapped pan of apple crisp the morning after I made it. The note instantly brought a smile to my face and reminded me of why this project is so rewarding.

2 comments:

  1. Who else writes like that but Dad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got another one from him this morning tell me to "knock their socks off!" today. I love it!

    ReplyDelete